What is Eventgroove?
Eventgroove is the one-stop integrated platform for events and fundraisers driven to help its customers amplify their brand and execute wildly successful events. With Eventgroove, event organizers can create a customized web page that lists their events and enables online ticket sales and promotion.
How do I build an event page?
For each event hosted, you’ll use a “wizard” to complete the entry of all its details, including the event name, date, location, the types of tickets available for sale, and their prices. You’ll also get to decide who will cover the fees (you or the buyers) and select the payment processing service. Once all that’s done, you’ll publish your event.
For hosts & organizers
What does it cost to use?
- Fees are based on ticket sales – so, if your event is free, using Eventgroove is free.
- Our service fee for online ticket sales is 2.0% of the ticket price plus $0.50 for each ticket sold.
- There are also fees charged by the payment processing service you select to authorize credit/debit cards, capture the transaction, and transfer your money to you. Their fees are typically in the range of 2 to 3%.
- You may choose to absorb service and transaction fees yourself or pass them along to your ticket buyers.
- Have further questions? Get more details on our Pricing page.
How do I sell tickets?
How do I get paid?
Which payment service is right for me?
Everyone has different needs and preferences… but here’s our general opinion on this:
Can I sell reserved seats?
Please note that events offering reserved seating may not use PayPal as the payment processing service.
How can I promote my event?
Entire books and courses exist to answer this… but in short, you can leverage social media, email marketing, printed materials, plus any web sites you control or manage to get the word out.
Using just links with the URL for your event page, or any of the fancier buttons and embeddable “widgets” we make available to you, the possibilities are almost endless.
I don't want to sell tickets. Can I still list my event?
Absolutely. If you don’t want to sell tickets on your event page, you can set your event type to Promotion Only. As long as your event meets our criteria for a “free” event, there’s no charge – even if you sell tickets through some other means.
Can I refund tickets online?
When you chose Stripe for payment processing, your event “dashboard” has tools enabling you to issue partial or full refunds for individual orders, as well as complete bulk refunds for canceled events.
Can I sell tickets at the door of my event?
Yes – you have a couple of choices here.
- First, anyone can continue to purchase online, right up until your event. If you’ve enabled the Mobile Tickets option for your event, your buyers will get their tickets delivered right to their email and can show them from their phone to gain entry.
- You may also enable a “Pay at Door” option for your event so that you can accept cash from last-minute attendees.
How do I resend tickets to a ticket buyer?
You can do that from your event dashboard. Orders are listed chronologically, but you can also search by the buyer’s name. Once you’ve located the order there’s a link to re-send the email containing the tickets.
For event guests & ticket buyers
How are my tickets sent to me?
When you complete your order, an email is sent to you to confirm your ticket purchase. Based on what the event host set up for their event, the email may contain your actual tickets or instructions to collect them at Will Call. Tickets delivered via email may be in two different forms, and the host may choose one or both:
- Print-at-home format attaches a PDF to the email that includes a summary of the order and images of each ticket. You can print that out and bring it with you to the event.
- Mobile ticket format includes ticket details and a scannable bar-code image right in the email. In this case, there’s no need to print. Simply bring your phone and present your tickets that way.
I have not received my tickets; how long does it take to get them?
Normally it takes only a few minutes for the email with your tickets to arrive. On rare occasions, it may take 1 – 2 hours. A few things to consider:
- If you paid via PayPal, we might still be waiting for a confirmation that they have cleared your transaction. This usually happens in under a minute, but it can take a few hours to hear back from PayPal in some cases.
- If you don’t receive your tickets within 2 hours, please contact our Customer Support team to find out what’s up.
I can't find the email with my tickets. Can I get another one?
The first thing you can try is to sign in to our system using the same email address you provided on your ticket order. If you never got a password or lost it, use the Forgot Password link to get a new one. Once signed in, look for the EVENTS I’M ATTENDING link.
- If your ticket order was completed, you’ll see it along with a link to resend the confirmation email.
- If you can’t sign in or your order is not listed, please call our Customer Support team — they’ll be happy to help sort things out.
I have a question about a certain event. Who do I contact?
The event organizer would be best! To contact them, go to the public page where the event is listed and click on the link that reads Contact Event Organizer. If you’re on a mobile device, that link is found on the event page’s “Details” tab.
I am not able to attend a certain event. Can I get a refund?
I purchased tickets for someone else. How can I change the guest name?
- When you complete your ticket order, there is a button on the confirmation page to “Enter Guest Info” that you may click to do this immediately.
- The email with your tickets will also have a button to “ADD GUEST INFO”. You can go back to the email to click that button at any time up until the event.
- If the organizer elected to send out reminders, you may get one or two emails with a reminder to do this… with a button that reads “ADD GUEST INFO”.
- Finally, you can sign in to the system at any time up until the event. Look for a link to the EVENTS I’M ATTENDING page. Next to your ticket order for the event, there will be a link to “Enter Guest Info”. Click it, fill out guest details, and you’re in business!
Have more questions?
Our team is standing by and more than happy to answer any questions you have about your event!